Tuesday, May 4, 2010

#031 Oklah-oh-my-god you have to be kidding me

Ok, so my friend Amy sent me a link recently to a blog post by Luke Ryan from Melbs, about new strict abortion measures introduced in Oklahoma. and I haven't stopped getting my knickers in a twist about the lack of empathy and compassion needed for someone to think this is ok.

"The Oklahoma Legislature voted Tuesday to override the governor’s vetoes of two abortion measures, one of which requires women to undergo an ultrasound and listen to a detailed description of the fetus before getting an abortion.

Though other states have passed similar measures requiring women to have ultrasounds, Oklahoma’s law goes further, mandating that a doctor or technician set up the monitor so the woman can see it and describe the heart, limbs and organs of the fetus. No exceptions are made for rape and incest victims."


Oh. My. God.

Cheers for making the abortion process even MORE traumatic and scarring than what it already is, and putting a safety mechanism in place so no-one can ever go for an abortion by accident without realising they actually have a FUCKING BABY INSIDE THEM.

Pretty sure they're already onto that one assholes.

1 comment:

  1. i love you. this post is fucking brilliant.

    terrifying that you even have to post it in the first place though.

    ReplyDelete